Fiesta Style, so delicious and festive you can almost call it Comforting food...
At the end of the day I was so tired, it was so cold, and I had been thinking about soup the whole time i was there, I thought to my self "Cant wait to run home and cook up a big pot of Steaming hot Low Carb Soup"... The recipe for the Soup is so simple and easy, The secret part is letting it simmer covered, on low heat when you throw in all of the ingredients... The reason why i call it low carb is because it hardly uses any oil or fat, and its so satisfying plus healthy with all of the veggies you use..
I like to use different kind of noodles, for this particular soup i used a cup of macaroni, A cup of spaghetti ( broken into tiny pieces) and even a cup of white rice.. You don't even have to use a whole lot of cornstarch to thicken the soup because the noodles, and rice make it so nice and thick using its own starch... Sometimes I even whisk up a egg white, and whisk it in when its almost done, giving it a even extremely yummy taste.. Plus its safe and healthy, because you don't use the egg yolk..
Here's the low carb recipe.. Get a big spoon, with some dinner rolls, or toasted bread and ENJOY...
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 40-45 minutes
Stove top cooking/ Nazs Kitchen Fiesta
Ingredients: Servings for 4-6
1 pound chicken breast/ Cut into little cubes or thin strips
1 cup of carrots
1 cup of potatoes
1 cup of peas
1 tablespoon black pepper/ I used fresh black pepper and crushed it myself for that extra aroma..
1 tablespoon Chinese salt
1 teaspoon salt or according to taste
1/4 cup of soy sauce
3/4 cup white rice
3/4 cup elbow macaroni
3/4 cup spaghetti ( cut up into little pieces)
1 tablespoon oil, or pam nonstick cooking spray..
6 cups of water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 egg white optional
- In a large pot or vessel, add your 1 tablespoon oil or nonstick cooking spray and throw in your washed and cut chicken pieces. Immediately pour in the salt, Chinese salt and black pepper, Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add your carrots, peas, potatoes, and soy sauce cook for another 5-6 minutes stirring all together..
- Add your 6 cups of water, once the water comes to a boil add your rice, noodles, and macaroni, stirring well making sure it doesn't stick. Cover and Cook for about 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, Simmer the heat on low flame, Check with a teaspoon if salt, and pepper are according to your taste in the soup, or add more according to your taste buds, health, and diet.
- Add a little bit of water to the cornstarch and mix it in the soup using a hand whisk. Whisking well.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.. Your soup should be nice and thick with the cornstarch, plus with all the starch the noodles and rice will leave..
- At this time its very optional but you can whisk up a egg white and pour it in slowly, it will leave thin like strips of egg white..
- Turn of heat, and pour into your soup bowl, Enjoy with bread, French bread, or chili, and soy sauce.
I hope that you guys enjoy this quick and easy recipe for My Low Carb Healthy Fiesta Soup. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please feel free to leave them below, and I will be so more than happy to get back to you!! Thanks luv Naz
P.S If you've enjoyed this recipe, then im sure youll love my Healthy Vegetables for your diet