But my husband goes crazy for his favourite cat fish, and he especially likes it to be prepared with my recipe for Fish.. Im not saying Its not Deep fried, absoloutly crispy, spicy and delicious, I just mean its not one of my favourite, but the reason why im posting this recipe is because their are a lot of Catfish lovers out their, Especially the ones that go fishing, and catch a big bait.. :) So This recipe is for all of you Fish lovers.. You can use this recipe for all different kinds of fish such as Salmon, Talapia, whitening etc... I like to Marinate the fish a couple of hours before frying, This is what gives it the extra juicy flavors..
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Stove top cooking
Recipe Naz's kitchen fiesta
Ingredients: For the fish Marinade
1 big fish, or 10-12 pieces of Cat fish, tilapia, whitening etc..
1/4 cup of vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red chili flakes, or powder
1 tablespoon crushed coriander
1 tablespoon garam masala
1/4 of a cup of yogurt
1 tablespoon crushed garlic, or garlic paste
Ingredients for the Coating:
2 cups of white all Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt or according to taste
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
Oil for frying..
1. In a large mixing bowl, add fish, and vinegar, Let the fish sit in the vinegar for about 3-4 minutes..
2. Rinse of the vinegar, and add salt, pepper, coriander, garlic, and yogurt mix until all the fish is completely covered with the marinade. Cover and put in the refrigerator to marinate for up to 2-4 hours.
3. In the mean while make the coating.
4. In a large mixing bowl Mix together, flour, salt, and pepper
5. Heat your oil Make sure its not too hot, or too cold. Test a little piece to see if the oil is ready.
6. Dip the fish into the coating mixture and cover completely using your hands, Once the fish is all coated with the flour, gently put it in the oil and cook on both sides ( about 5 min on each side) until its crispy golden brown.
7. Place the pieces of fish on a paper towel to absorb access oil.
P.S Don't forget to Subscribe to receive quick and simple recipes straight to your inbox...
and like us on Facebook.......