Even if I don't feel like it my hubby will convince or push me to go bake a tea cake.. So I have a recipe for the Perfect Cinnamon Tea Cake! So simple, sweet, satisfying and darn good... Full of Cinnamon Spice making it the perfect cake to warm you up on a cold winter day.. I even add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice to zing things up.. You can use any toppings of your choice, nuts, almonds, coconut, or sprinkles I even add a cinnamon glaze. So get ready for a warm, moist heavenly tea cake..
Dip your knife into warm water or under your faucet, before you cut this or any particular cake, to prevent cake from cracking or flaking.
Make sure your oven is not too hot otherwise, you will get a cracked cake, make sure its not to cold other wise the cake will be coarse.
Make sure you have the correct measuring spoons/cups for accurate results otherwise you will have a fail recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time:30-35 minutes
Oven: 350 degrees
3 cups all purpose flour (maida) sifted
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground Cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter, margarine or cooking oil
2 eggs at room temp
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Grease a 13 inch Baking pan set the pan aside
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.(making sure there are no lumps of any of the ingredients
- In a separate mixing bowl, Beat eggs, butter or oil, brown sugar, lemon juice,vanilla, and milk for a good 2 minutes. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, cook in a 350 oven for 30- 35 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.( not everyones ovens are the same so please check up on the cake every 10-15 minutes so it doesn't burn or over brown)
- Cool cake on a wire rack, remove from pan after 15 minutes, serve warm... with your perfect cup of Tea (Chai) and coffee..
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup of milk
Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and cook for about 1 minute stirring. add milk lower flame and simmer for 30 seconds, and pour glaze over your cake, and top with your favorite toppings such as nuts, or sprinkles coconut etc.
P.s if you have enjoyed this recipe, you will love my Moistest Banana Cake Ever!!