Butter horns are so soft warm, chewy, and satisfying. Their great as a side dish, with your favorite, pastas, salads, and main meal dishes..
I make these delicious Butter Horns about 2 times a week. This time I baked mines with homemade Spaghetti but I usually like them with Chicken Fry Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.
they turn out so fresh, warm and yummy every time I bake them. The reason why their called Butter Horns are because their so buttery, and shaped like horns!
Its this special feeling you get when you know their Home Made, instead of going out and buying the frozen, buns, or biscuits you have to thaw and bake. So I would love to share my recipe for homemade Butter Horns with all of you
Prep time 15 min rising of the dough 30-45 min
Bake time 15 min
Ingredients: makes 8-10 butter horns
2 cups of all purpose flour (maida)
1 tsp salt
3 tbs active yeast
1/4 cup of warm butter
1 cup of warm milk
For the inside of the butter horns (optional)
2 tbs warm butter
2 tbs milk
1/2 tsp of garlic salt
1. In a large Mixing Bowl Sift together flour, salt, and yeast.
Then add in the butter, Now add in your warm milk milk little by little mixing with your mixer or your hand,( if you think you need more milk than add more 1 tbs at a time) knead the dough the way you would make pizza dough.
Then Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place for about 30-45 min
( I usually place the dough to rise in my oven "When its turned off of course"
2. Once your dough has set and raised, knead it again several times, Punching the air out of the flour.
3. Roll our your dough like you would making a pizza crust, now using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough like a pizza making triangles about 2-3 inch wide. you should end up with 8- 10 Pizza shape Butter Horns.
4. grease, and flour a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
5. Now in a separate bowl add 2 tbs of melted butter, 1 tsp garlic seasoning and 2 tbs milk Mix it up to get a mixture. Leave half of the mixture for later
brush it on the slices of the butter horns, and start rolling them up starting from the Top then rolling down ( see image below)
7. bake for about 15 min until they get nice and fluffy, make sure they don't burn, when their almost done brush them with the second portion of the butter mixture, and place them under your broiler for about 3- 5 min.( This is optional )
Serve Warm, and Hot with your favorite Pizza's Pastas Lunch or dinner I'm sure your family will love them.
If you have any questions or comments I would love to help and to hear them. Love Naz
p.s don't forget to follow us on fbook at https://www.facebook.com/RamadanRecipesThatRock?ref=hl