Falooda is a delicious Dessert Drink recipe from Pakistan. It is a light flavored milk dessert with basil seeds, sev (vermicelli) and ice cream topping. You need to plan some ingridents like soaking sabja seeds and boiling-chilling milk ahead of time while making falooda. But all the effort is worth it when you enjoy a glass of falooda. "Make Some Tonight"
- Basil seeds – 1 ½ teaspoons **Notes
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Falooda Sev –(vermicelli) handful **Notes
- Rose Syrup – 2 tablespoons **Notes
- Ice cream – 2 scoops
- Pistachios – few, chopped for garnishing
- Rose petals – few, for garnishing (optional)
- Basil Seeds – You need to soak them for at least 30 minutes. More soaking time dose not hurt. You can keep refrigerated soaked sabja seeds up to a day. And after 30 minutes it swells up in water and become like this (shown below.) it creates a gel like layer around it.
- Soak basil seeds in the water for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes drain them.
- Meanwhile take milk and sugar in the pan. Let it come to a boil on medium heat. And then lower the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Then chill it in the refrigerator.
- Make the falooda sev as per package instruction. How I did – take some water in a pan, let it come to a rolling boil. Add falooda sev, let it cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain it and rinse it with cold water immediately.
Now everything is ready, soaked basil seeds, chilled milk and sev. Let’s assemble the falooda.
- Take two glasses. Add basil seeds to it.
Then on top add cooked falooda sev.
Then add 1 tablespoon of rose syrup in each glass.
Pour the milk in it. Some basil seeds will float on top.
Then add a scoop of ice cream.
Garnish it with chopped pistachios and rose petals.