· Heat the oil / ghee, fry onion till light brown.
· Add meat on medium heat for 5 min. for beef/ mutton, add 4-5 cups of water and cook on low flame until the meat is tender ( water is not required for the chicken). Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, yogurt and biryani masala and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes;.
· Boil in a separate pan take 12 glasses of water, 3 tbsp of salt and boil the rice until 3/4 done.
· Make a layer of half the rice, put layer of meat and cover with second layer of rice.
· Zarda colour and kewra essence as per need.
· Simmer the rice for 5 minutes on high flame. Reduce the flame and cook for another 10 minutes.
Delicious BOMBAY BIRYANI is ready. Serve with raita and salad.